One day I decided that I was beautiful, and so I carried out my life as if I was a beautiful girl. I wear colors that I really like, I wear makeup that makes me feel pretty, and it really helps. It doesn’t have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters is what you see. Your body is your temple, it’s your home, and you must decorate it.
Treated Like a Person
- Prince Christopher: Tell me, Cinderella, what would a man have to do to find himself in your good graces?
- Cinderella: Who wants to know?
- Prince Christopher: Let's just say...a charming stranger.
- Cinderella: This charming stranger seems pretty sure of himself, but he'd have to get to know me a lot better than some girl he just met on the street.
- Prince Christopher: Oh, but he'd like to. Very much.
- Cinderella: I'm not sure I want to meet this stranger. I doubt if he has any idea how a girl should be treated.
- Prince Christopher: Like a princess, I suppose.
- Cinderella: No. Like a person, with kindness and respect.
one of my favorites. <3
The Doctor and Stormy.
One of the arguments we often use for not writing is this: ‘I have nothing original to say. Whatever I might say, someone else has already said it, and better than I will ever be able to.’ This, however, is not a good argument for not writing. Each human person is unique and original, and nobody has lived what we have lived. Furthermore, what we have lived, we have lived not just for ourselves but for others as well. Writing can be a very creative and invigorating way to make our lives available to ourselves and to others. We have to trust that our stories deserve to be told. We may discover that the better we tell our stories, the better we will want to live them.
Henri J. M. Nouwen
How I feel on Friday afternoons, sometimes. Also, they were so adorable!